问题: 请朋友们翻译一篇文章183D
The summer I was ten, my mother decided to bring us to the world of art. My brother and I were not very excited when we realized what my mother meant. What she meant was not that we could take drawing classes or painting classes but that we would have to spend one afternoon a week with her at the Fine Arts Museum. Before each visit to the museum, she made us read about artists and painting styles(风格). It was almost as bad as being in school. Who wants to spend the summer thinking about artists when you could be with your friends at the swimming pool?
First we had to read about ancient Egyptians(古埃及人) and their strange way of painting faces and then go to look at them at the museum. My 12-year-old brother thought this was so funny, but I was not interested.Later we had to learn about artists in the Middle Ages who painted people wearing strange long clothing. We had to look at pictures of fat babies with wings and curly (鬈曲的) hair and with no clothes on flying around the edges of paintings. I certainly couldn't see what was so great about art.
On our last visit to the museum, something happened when I saw a painting by a woman called Mary. In it, a woman was reading to a child.The colors were soft and gentle, and you could tell by the mother' s expression how happy she was just to be with the child.I couldn't stop looking at this painting ! I wanted to see every painting Mary had ever made! It was really worth looking at so many paintings to find a painter who could interest me so much.
解答:
The summer I was ten, my mother decided to bring us to the world of art.
那个夏天我十岁,妈妈决定带我们去领略世界艺术.
My brother and I were not very excited when we realized what my mother meant.
我和弟弟对妈妈的打算并不感到兴奋.
What she meant was not that we could take drawing classes or painting classes but that we would have to spend one afternoon a week with her at the Fine Arts Museum.
她的意思并不是让我们临摹经典之作或为它们上色,而是必须花费一星期的下午与她参观美术博物馆.
Before each visit to the museum, she made us read about artists and painting styles(风格).
在每次参观之前,她都要让我们阅读有关的艺术家以及他们的绘画风格.
It was almost as bad as being in school.
这几乎和在学校一样糟糕.
Who wants to spend the summer thinking about artists when you could be with your friends at the swimming pool?
谁愿意浪费掉能和朋友游泳的暑期生活而去想那些艺术家呢?
First we had to read about ancient Egyptians(古埃及人) and their strange way of painting faces and then go to look at them at the museum.
我们先了解了古埃及人和他们奇怪的化妆方式,然后去博物馆参观.
My 12-year-old brother thought this was so funny, but I was not interested.
12岁的弟弟觉得这个非常有意思,但是我却感觉很无聊.
Later we had to learn about artists in the Middle Ages who painted people wearing strange long clothing.
接着我们又了解了中世纪的艺术家,他们总画着人们穿着奇怪的长衣.
We had to look at pictures of fat babies with wings and curly (鬈曲的) hair and with no clothes on flying around the e
dges of paintings.
我们还看到没有穿衣服,卷头发,带着翅膀的胖婴儿在画的边缘环绕飞翔.
I certainly couldn't see what was so great about art.
我确定我看不出艺术的伟大之处.
On our last visit to the museum, something happened when I saw a painting by a woman called Mary.
在我们参观的最后一天,当我看到一个叫玛丽的作品时,我被震惊了.
In it, a woman was reading to a child.
在那幅画中,一位母亲在为一个孩子讲故事.
The colors were soft and gentle, and you could tell by the mother' s expression how happy she was just to be with the child.
画面色调温和柔弱,母亲的神色传达着她与孩子在一起时的异常幸福.
I couldn't stop looking at this painting !
我目不转睛盯着这幅作品!
I wanted to see every painting Mary had ever made!
我想欣赏所有玛丽的作品.
It was really worth looking at so many paintings to find a painter who could interest me so much.
欣赏所有的作品并从中找到能够让我感兴趣的画家真是一件值得的事情!
版权及免责声明
1、欢迎转载本网原创文章,转载敬请注明出处:侨谊留学(www.goesnet.org);
2、本网转载媒体稿件旨在传播更多有益信息,并不代表同意该观点,本网不承担稿件侵权行为的连带责任;
3、在本网博客/论坛发表言论者,文责自负。